Sunday, June 3, 2012

“Chelsea Galleries Reaction”

      An artist whose work that I would like to collect would be Nicole Eisenman. The most intriguing thing that I can find that I like about this artist's work would be the creative ways how she uses faces to show emotions. I found it very interesting as to the different ways she used different materials to showcase a frame of emotion. In one of her works she has different faces but with the same emotion and different materials used to make them.
     I believe that this artist's work would be a good investment because of the style and creativity that she sustains in them. She puts different perspective on the same images, therefor giving viewers different ways of looking at it. Her works are mainly about people and she showcases how people's emotional posture varies.
   I would proudly display this artwork instead of keeping it in a storage. In my opinion this work deserves to be displayed because it is just an mesmerizing piece. She combined printmaking with various materials and techniques to produce a wonderful piece.  One of her works that i found interesting was the piece "Twelve Heads" and another was "Contagion". The gallery in which i visited and found these works at were at west 23rd Street in Chelsea New York.



 Nicole Eisenman
  "Twelve Heads"
    "Contagion"
         2012

No comments:

Post a Comment